Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What I Learned

This was my first online course and I have thoroughly enjoyed it. Through the textbook, I learned many interesting things about communication and how it is influenced. I also learned how to become a better communicator. The blog posts of my peers taught me to see the many different perspectives on certain topics and helped me to better understand some difficult topics.
My favorite part about this course was the weekly blogs, reading what others had to say and getting comments from them about my posts. This being a communication course, it made sense to have us all participate by blogging anonymously. We had a chance to see different views that we may not have seen in an actual classroom. This class was well organized with chapter notes and a schedule that was adhered to, because of our wonderful professor.
My least favorite part about the course is not having some visual examples of what a cultural event paper and journal entry should look like. It would have helped me. There is nothing like a model to get a sense of the end product! Sometimes words are not enough to get the whole picture, visually seeing something can put ideas or concepts into perspective. I missed seeing the various reactions to some topics and the heated discussions that happen in some of my other classes. I can’t think of improving it any further!!
This course has taught me a lot and I have really enjoyed being a part of it!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post! I agree i loved reading everyone's blogs I felt that since we could not see each other we were more open in our comments. I also found that our professor was extremely organized and always available to chat. I felt that we should have written another cultural event paper or something along those lines and 100% agree that a visual example would have helped immensely especially when it came to the journals. This was not my first online class but I found that this class required so much more and while i appreciated it and enjoyed it I found that I may have done better if I would had taken it over the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Beckham,

    I am glad to hear I am not the only one who could have used a visual example.

    Enjoy the rest of your break!!!!!

    ReplyDelete